- Walk – Doctors recommend you walk 10,000 steps per day. Buying a pedometer or tracking on your smart phone can help you track these steps. It can also be a fun game to play to make your walking mark. It will keep you engaged and active.
- Walk Faster – It burns more calories, increases your heart rate and allows you to accomplish more with your day. Not only because you are saving time, but because the quickened pace can increase momentum and allow you to remember and accomplish things that you may have forgotten. This can lead to a happier sense of self as well:)
- Exercise – Now, the original intention of this post was to offer daily habits that you could implement into your life that don’t require too much discipline. However, if you are looking for tone in y our figure, then at least two higher intensity workout sessions per week is a must, unless you are genetically gifted. Interval training can be the quickest way to get in and out of the gym.
- Drink LOTS of Water – Keeping your body hydrated is so, so important. Also keep in mind that the TYPE of water that you drink is also incredibly important as well. Filtered, remineralized, moderately alkaline water is the best basic form of hydration that you need. However, the most powerful aspect of water is it’s hydrogen content which acts like a major anti-oxidant in the body. The molecule is the most abundant in the universe and provides major cellular cleansing which in turn can support optimal body function. Curious? For more info click here.
- Drink, Eat Low Sugar, Unprocessed Foods – For many of us, unprocessed foods is a given, but just in case you forgot, processed food does NOT get metabolized well by the body. More often than not it will be stored as fat in the body. Say YES to whole foods in their natural form. Fill your diet with fresh veggies and moderate fruits. High protein is great as well. Try a fresh kale salad with raw nuts or a piece of wild caught fish for lunch. For dinner a roasted spaghetti squash with fresh marinara, basil, olives and chickpeas.
- Avoid Sitting for Longer than 30 Minutes at a Time – If you find yourself often sitting at a desk, commuting for over an hour per day without frequent stops or you’re on a road trip, try and move as often as you can. Stretch your legs, bounce up and down a little bit, do some squats and if you really wanna get into it, get down and do 25 pushups (wash your hands after, please:). These little habits will give you energy and most likely make you more productive in whatever it is you are doing.
- Shoot for the Stairs! – When you face an escalator or a stairwell, choose the stairs. Not only does it burn more calories, but the leg muscles are the largest muscle group in the body. When you engage these larger muscle groups, you burn more calories at rest.
- Become a Tea Connoisseur – Tea is LOADED with fat burning bioflavinoids polyphenols and catechins. White tea, for example, according to the journal of Nutrition & Metabolism is now known to enhance lipolysis, which is the break down of fat and block the building of fat cells, a process known as adipogenesis. Then a study in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine showed that those who consistently sipped oolong tea through the day lost an average of 6 pounds over a span of six weeks. We like those results!
Signup For Our Newsletter