Here’s a nice Snack or addition to a meal for the Family! From our heart to yours – Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat bread crumbs, divided into ½ and ¾ cups (gluten fee? See
- 2 cups organic frozen corn, thawed
- 2 small organic Red Belgian peppers, or 2 small hot peppers or 1 medium size
- ½ cup mozzarella shreds
- 2 organic green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salsa, for serving (optional)
- If you are opting to make your own bread crumbs add whole wheat bread to a food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs. Remove bread crumbs from food processor and set aside. for those of you who are Gluten free
- feel free to use the bread of your choice or none at all 🙂
- Add the corn and peppers to the food processor or blender and pulse into a thick chunky consistency.
- In a large bowl, add corn-pepper puree, ½ cup breadcrumbs, mozzarella shreds, green onions, hot sauce, salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture into approximately 7 balls and flatten into thick patties. Refrigerate patties for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle pan to 350F, or a grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush griddle pan or grill with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, add remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs. Carefully coat the delicate patties in breadcrumbs on both sides and place on the griddle. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on first side. Drizzle the tops of the patties in olive oil and very gently flip the patty over and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the outside is crisp and a deep golden brown color.
- Serve spicy corn cakes with a side of salsa.