Some days can pose a struggle emotionally, this can stem from either lack of a truly restful sleep, not eating at the right times, too much going on at work, back to school, etc. It is important when life gets hectic to check what is going on internally and how it got there.
Here’s a quick quiz to gauge the level of negative energy within you:
- Do you complain? All the time or just sometimes?
- Do you often discuss what’s wrong in the world more than what’s right? This includes the ‘terrible’ weather, ‘horrible’ traffic, ‘idiotic’ government, ‘lousy’ economy, ‘stupid’ in-laws, etc.
- Do you criticize? All the time or just certain people?
- Are you attracted to drama and disaster (can you unglue yourself from the TV when there’s a news story of a disaster and can you avoid getting involved in the lives of dysfunctional celebrities?)
- Do you blame? All the time or just certain situations?
- Do you believe that you have no control over most of your results?
- Do you feel like a victim? Do you talk about people doing things to you?
- Are you grateful for what is or will you be grateful when things finally start going right for you?
- Do you feel like things are happening to you? Or do you feel that they are happening through you?
This last two points are important:
Being grateful for what is, is key. Don’t be grateful only when good things happen, be in a state of gratitude so negative patterns won’t stay.
Dropping the notion that you are a victim to the things that happen will catalyze your life to a more abundant and prosperous happy one. Take on your problems and accept them as an opportunity to improve –“When you think everything is someone else’s fault, you will suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy.” – the Dalai Lama